- on this Website,
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website,
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website, or
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, mailing address, email address, billing information, IP, or “Internet Protocol”, addresses, demographics, passwords or other online contact information, telephone number, any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law and or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, usage details (such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Website), your browser type and language, access times, and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us,
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies, or
- from third parties, for example, other websites controlled by us or our affiliates, our business partners and other third-parties.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Website to send others information that may interest them or messages through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our Website to upload, share or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
- When you access our Website from a mobile device or tablet, we may receive information about your location and your device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most devices allow you to turn off location services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including any form of aggregate data, navigational data, tracking data, location data, click-stream data, or historical data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address. An IP, or “Internet Protocol”, address is a unique number associated with your computer that may be communicated to other computers and servers when you use the Internet.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information collected may include the domain name of your internet service provider (e.g., whether you logged on from aol.com or whitehouse.gov), referral data (e.g., the address of the last URL you visited prior to clicking through to the Website) and browser and platform type (e.g., a Firefox browser on a Macintosh platform). We use this information to track how users are accessing and using the Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies). Cookies are small text files that are stored in your web
browser or downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the
originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies
are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. Cookies might be used for the
following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your
preferences; and (4) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
We currently use the following types of cookies:
time by adjusting your browser’s privacy settings. However, if you decline to accept cookies, some
functionality on our Website may be disabled and you may be unable to access certain parts of our
issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Website. Cookies can either be session cookies or
persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent
cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies
themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years.
- Cookies that are strictly necessary: These are cookies
that are required for the operation of our Website. These include, for example, cookies that
enable a user to log into the members area of our Website and to check if a user is allowed
access to a particular service or Content.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize
and count the number of users and to see how users use and explore our Website. These cookies
help us to improve our Website, for example by ensuring that all users are able to find what
they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: We are always glad to see you
back. Therefore, this type of cookies allows us to recognize you when you return to our Website
in order to greet you by name and to remember, for example, your choice of language, etc.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record the visit of a
user on our Website, the pages a user has visited and the links a user has followed in order to
enable us to make our Website more relevant to the users’ interests. Also, these cookies are
used to identify the websites and the marketing materials you are accessing our Website from in
order to target content (for example, to automatically show you our Website according to your
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash
cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our
Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For
information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic
files known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, single-pixel gifs and web bugs) that
are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the
online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s
computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the
size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with
cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages or opened an e-mail, to understand usage patterns
and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website
content and verifying system and server integrity). We also may receive an anonymous identification
number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
Analytics Tools. We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as
Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies, to collect non-personal information in the form of various
usage and user metrics when you use our Website. These tools and technologies collect and analyze
certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers,
referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics,
usage and purchase history, media access control address (MAC Address), mobile unique device ID, and
other similar information. The third party analytics companies who collect information on our Website
and other online products or services may combine the information collected with other information they
have independently collected from other websites or other online or mobile products and services
relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online or mobile products and
services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies. In
addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third party companies to
help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of our Website and
to otherwise collect and use data about your use of our Website. For more information about this
practice, please see the “Third Party Advertising Technologies” section below. You may opt out of the
DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt
out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google
Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how
users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including
your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of
activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for
Germany. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in
the USA. On behalf of the website provider Google will use this information for the purpose of
evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and
providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google
by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may
not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore you can prevent Google’s
collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in
available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be
set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:
Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at
http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/.
note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an
anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third-parties, including
advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. These third parties may use
cookies alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies to collect information about you
when you use our Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they
may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across
different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based
(behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions
about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For
information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content,
or products, services or content offered by others.
- To determine whether users of the Website are unique, or whether the same user is using the Website on
- To track usage throughout various components of the Website (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from,
how traffic flows within the Website, etc.).
- To monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
- To communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or
services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliates or other third parties;
- To develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other
- To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To manage our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile). For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
If we have a good-faith belief that doing so is required by a subpoena, warrant, or other judicial or
administrative order or otherwise required by law (including to respond to any government or regulatory
To enforce or apply our terms and conditions found at Terms and Conditions
and other agreements.
If we, in good faith, deem it appropriate or necessary to prevent violation of, or enforce or apply our
terms and conditions found at Terms and Conditions
or our other agreements; take precautions against liability; protect our rights, property, or safety, or
those of a partner, any individual or the general public; maintain and protect the security and
integrity of our Website or infrastructure; protect ourselves and our Website from fraudulent, abusive,
or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third party claims or allegations; or assist
government regulatory agencies.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain personal information, but that may result in you being
unable to use certain features of our Website because such information may be required in order for you
to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or
sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Website.
- You may, at any time, update, correct, or delete certain personal information that you have provided to
us by updating your preferences on the Account Settings page or by contacting us at the email address
- You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being
sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on
inaccessible or not function properly.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out
page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- You may prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and
installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB .
You may opt out of the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will
be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
When you register on our Website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email
messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special
distributions of content by us. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or
promotional emails or newsletters from us by clicking on the following link and entering the email
address associated with your account: LOGIN
HERE. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to
opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 7 days for us to process an opt-out
request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as
service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt
out of receiving them. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out
of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from
us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your
preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third
- If you submit personal information, you may delete your account with us at any time. If you delete your
account, your personal information and any and all other account related information including, but not
limited to, user profile data, sharing data and any other data, or content specifically associated with
your account are also permanently deleted. Deletion of your data may take up to 30 days from accessible
systems and up to 90 days from backup systems. If you choose to have an account with us in the future,
you will have to sign up for a new account as none of the information you previously provided or saved
within your account will have been saved.
- You can disable the location services on your mobile device or tablet. Most likely, these controls are
located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location
services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
We want you to feel confident using our Website. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at:
For billing issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
For support/technical issues: email@example.com
For marketing issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access
to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, except personal information or data
that is necessary for administration purposes or for fraud prevention measures. We cannot delete your personal
information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if
we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in
cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of
Third Party Login Functionality
We may permit users with accounts on certain third party services, including but not limited to, social networking, search, sharing, and other services delivered by third-parties, to bypass the standard applicable registration process. If you connect through an authorized third party service, you will be able to use your third party login information to log in to your account or access our content and Website. We are not responsible for the sharing, posting, commenting, or other content and information gathering practices of any third party services that may be triggered by using these third party login services. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies carefully before using third party login functionality to access our Website.
Website at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive a formal written
complaint, it is our policy to contact the complaining party regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate
with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any
complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved by us and an individual.
International Users & U.S.-EU Switzerland Safe Harbor
Our Website may be hosted in the United States. If you utilize our Website from the European Union or
Switzerland, or any other region with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law,
please note that you are transferring your personal data outside of those jurisdictions to the United States.
The United States does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union, Switzerland and other
websites owned or operated by us or an affiliated entity, and all of our users worldwide. You have a right of
access and to correct such data and/or personal information. To exercise these rights, or for other data privacy
questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Our Policy towards Children
Our Website is not directed to children. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal
information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not
knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with
personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
No Error Free Performance